Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
teetow
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:57 pm

x

Looptalk Monthly Contest | The Kitchen Sink | September 2021

Ait, I finally came up with something fun.
sink.jpg
Rules
  • Stock generators, effects and samples only (anything included in the installer)
  • A maximum of ONE instance per generator
  • Samplers are exempt from the instance rule
  • Generators that don't generate audio (e.g. Envelope Controller, Patcher) are also exempt
  • Custom samples are allowed, provided that they're recordings of an actual kitchen sink
Rationale
So this is all about flexing your versatility. If you have a go-to favorite instrument, now's your time to break new ground. Any plugin used within a Patcher will obviously count against the instance limit (because duh), but Patcher itself is exempt due to it not being an audio generator in the traditional sense.

So, let's talk about the samples and Samplers. The spirit of the rule is: You can use stock samples, and so we let you use as many Samplers as you want. Any Generator that handles samples (FPC, Slicex, Harmor) can load stock samples, as long as you adhere to the one-instance-per-generator limit. Edison as a generator is tentatively allowed, but the second you drag the sample to a different generator (or on the Playlist as an audio clip) you've created a non-stock sample and shall be in contempt of this court. Same deal with editing stock samples.

The "unlimited kitchen sink samples" rule can be frivolously exploited as long as it can be reasonably determined that you sampled an actual kitchen sink; slams, scrapes, water splashes. Go ham. The use of utensils (cups, pots, cutlery) is frowned upon if exploited, but cautiously allowed. If you claim to have a tea mug that just happens to make a PERFECT 808 kick, you will be ridiculed.

Deadlines
Entries: Friday September 24, 23:59 UTC
Entries: Sunday September 26, 23:59 UTC (updated)
Voting: Thursday September 30, 23:59 UTC
Voting thread: viewtopic.php?f=300&t=264751

How to enter
  • Be clever
  • Make song
  • No breaky rules
  • Upload mp3 / wav to Soundcloud (makes it easier for organizers) or the forums (fallback)
  • Make reply in this thread
  • Attach .flp
Who wins?
The winner will be decided by the traditional 5-vote system. In case of a tie, contestants will post pictures of their actual kitchen sinks, and be judged by their peers.

Good luck!

Edit: Extended deadline
Edit2: Added voting thread link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by teetow on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:26 pm

x

Re: Looptalk Monthly Contest | The Kitchen Sink | September 2021

BinaryBorn wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:49 am I ...

MegaSphere
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:34 am

x

I've finished my piece. I was planning on using...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ReedIndeed
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:02 pm

x

The hardest part was deciding which plugins not...

Bruellbart
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:58 pm

x

So in ~11 hours I've managed to create somethin...

BinaryBorn
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:59 pm

x

God I swear creating music videos is a massive ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”