Hand coded time/volume envelopes for Gross Beat?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
zippy731
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:49 am

x

Hand coded time/volume envelopes for Gross Beat?

Is there any way to hand-code time or volume envelopes outside of FL Studio, then convert them to .fnv files for use in Gross Beat? I'd like to generate complex envelope data in a .txt file or spreadsheet, but then import it to GB.

I assume that under the hood, GB time and volume envelope (.fnv) files are just a series of points (locations, types, tension, etc.)

I've got a number of GB ideas which are rather complex to program by hand, but if I could generate a list of data for GB to use, it would be straightforward.

I would like to make a gate envelope that accelerates (shorter times) as it approaches the end of a bar. Izotope's BreakTweaker has a really great gate effect that's very flexible, gate that shortens over time from a stutter to a tonal granular sound.
FL64_gX3g4z0bUy.png
Easy to imagine, but very hard and inflexible to program details into GB by hand.

I would also like to make my own versions of time envelopes for pitch shifting arp presets, which have precise drops in order to achieve x semitones down.

GB's time envelope 'stair' nodes make some great granular sounds also, but again, very difficult to program by hand, especially if I'm trying to match a specific tonality.

I did try to import an audio file with the shape I want, but the "analyze audio file" wasn't precise enough for my purpose. Also, using internal formula controllers is not responsive enough. GB is very precise, but GB's dj scratching controller does not move instantaneously with internal controllers as I need for these purposes.

Is there any method to "code by hand" a time envelope (.fnv file) and import/upload it into Gross Beat? I could easily build a text file or spreadsheet with a sequence of coordinates to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks
-Z

---------------
ps: I asked this question in the GB forum in 2019, but never got a technical response from IL folks. Hoping to get a little more visibility here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”