FL Layer permantely changing the volume of an instrument even after it is removed from its children

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Box237
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:40 am

x

FL Layer permantely changing the volume of an instrument even after it is removed from its children

I recently encountered this problem and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. When I add a Layer to the channel rack and then link some instruments to it by using the set children button it automatically lowers the volume of all that is linked to it. This is already, in my opinion, a feature that does more harm than good but moving on to the real problem...

The weird thing is that I noticed that this change in volume is kept even after I remove the layer track and/or set it to have no children, and this "bus volume" that the layer generator applies doesn't seem to be anywere in the mixer track/instruments ecc... This is frustrating to say the least...

Any idea where to find this volume reduction/gain to make it go back to normal?

P.S. It works also the other way so if you increase the volume knob (or volume multiplier as is labeled in the plugin) and then remove the children/delete the layer the instruments which were set to childern will keep sounding louder while your mixer track faders are in the same positions and all volumes seem to be exactly the same ones they were before setting the layer.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”