Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tombandenburg
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:03 am

x

Export settings for album

Hi there,

Can I ask for some advice on how best to use FL Studio to export the songs for my album at the end of the mastering phase.

This is the steps I've taken thus far:

1) mixed each song in individual project files, exported each to 32bit wav files (there are 10 songs).
2) imported all 32 bit wav files into a new 'album' project file, for final mastering processes.
3) each of the ten songs goes to its own mixer track for any necessary tweaks (eg EQ), then to the master track for the common stuff eg compression/limiting etc.
4) I've positioned each song in the playlist arranger on separate tracks, but so each one starts after the previous one finishes, so to be able to precisely set silence between songs and cross-fades etc.

So basically at this point, if I play the project file from start to finish this now sounds exactly as I want my album to be to the listener.

I now want to do my final export - I can see how to easily do it as one big wav file that will last ~44min, but my question is: is there a way to add markers or something to tell Fl studio to split it into 10 separate wav files - one for each song on the album?

Everything I've read seems to point towards using the 'split mixer tracks' option, but my attempts at this so far have made a mess of the stuff in point 4 above (as it assumes all playlist tracks start at bar 0 in the project so there's huge sliences on each file).

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

nucleon
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:08 am

x

Re: Export settings for album

Hi, add Playlist markers at each track change, ...

Kaitav
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:11 am

x

Trim the silent part of the clips for each trac...

tombandenburg
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 am

x

Thank you both for such speedy and helpful repl...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”