[RESOLVED] 808 Causing hi hats and crash to distort; anybody know how to fix?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
donaldmiller69
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:05 am

x

[RESOLVED] 808 Causing hi hats and crash to distort; anybody know how to fix?

Should I turn down the 808? EQ? or does anybody know any solutions that make it so they can both play at the same time. I don't know if this is a clashing of frequencies, or a glitch, or what it is but the crash will distort very badly sometimes when the 808 comes in on the tail of the crash.

Side note: I have the 808 going over 0dB; I like the sound of it over that and when I limit it to 0dB, it seems to take away a lot of the 808s brightness or character and sounds like muffled, I'm relatively new to all this so if somebody who has experience with this could give me advice thatd be great. Like can I get away with my 808s clipping in the final export like that? cause I like the sound way more when they are then when I've got them limited at 0dB and I try to use make up gain to make em louder or compensate.

SOLUTION: I shouldn't have had the 808 going over 0dB or probably not even so close to it on the master causing my hi hats and crashes to distort; when I limited the 808 and just add fruity fast distortion to get the pretty much same effect, it fixed my issue.
Last edited by donaldmiller69 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

nucleon
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:38 am

x

Re: 808 Causing hi hats and crash to distort; anybody know how to fix?

Hi, an alternative to driving the master output...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”