Recording Guitar: SSL2 Audio Interface & Latency Problems & Mixer Delay (ms)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
stmusicmusic
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:32 am

x

Recording Guitar: SSL2 Audio Interface & Latency Problems & Mixer Delay (ms)

FL20 - Recording Guitar 1.jpg
Hi everybody,

I'm using SSL2 Audio Interface for creating music and when trying to record guitar I'm getting those latency problems.
If I decrease the latency to the 256 and lower, I will get cracks and pops, and recording & listening the song is super hard.

Few months ago I tried to change the Delay (ms) of the Guitar-insert in the Mixer in a way that the Latency problems were balanced, so I was able to record guitar in the big project that had lots of Kontakt instruments, and buffer size of the SSL2 needed to be max 2048.
However today changing the Delay (ms) in the Mixer didn't help me to balance those latency problems.
What do you think about this "Changing the Delay (ms) in the Mixer"-method to get the latency times of the Audio Interface balanced?

I'm using pretty solid computer (i7-4770K, 32 GB of RAM, SSD's & M.2, Win 10 Pro 64bit) so this should be powerful enough for the projects I'm working on.

May I ask about your insights and styles to record guitar (or any audio) in bigger projects?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”