Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
AudioSmith
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:56 am

x

hyper-niche feature request: sytrus constant-time portamento

hello,

for whatever reason, been digging into portamento in sytrus recently.

I've learned through experimenting that the portamento in sytrus is what's called "constant rate" which means that the glide time will take longer if it's between two notes that are further apart than if it's between two notes that are closer together. I've learned that some synths have "constant time" portamento instead, where the glide time is the same no matter how big the interval is between the notes. Some of the sounds that I'm trying to make would work out a little better if I could do that instead. Some hardware synths have ways to shift between the modes.

Also, making a portamento mode where the glide only happens when notes overlap would useful too. Afaik you either have portamento on all notes or not. Would definitely allow for more expressive live performances imo.

Alternatively, being able to define the slide curve for the piano roll glide notes would be cool too! Would solve the same issue

Obviously not an urgent thing, I'm not even sure if this has been an obstacle for anyone else lol but thought I'd might as well put in the request. Would make sytrus that much more massive.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”