How to quickly test an instrument with some existing pattern ?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
anthon
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:20 pm

x

How to quickly test an instrument with some existing pattern ?

I was asking myself how to quickly test an instrument with an already existing pattern from another track in the playlist.
The first thing that come in mind was to drag some pattern into an "instrument track mode" and it should play it with the track's instrument, because, it's a track dedicated to one instrument.
But no.
It still play the instrument dedicated to the pattern, within a track dedicated to another instrument.
And you can't choose what instrument you want from a pattern. You have to do copy-paste things just for a quick test.
Unless Im missing something, this make me think FL Studio's workflow is very strange. In one way it's non linear, and in the other way, it's very linear, and you have to guess what is possible or not in this mess.
Im not a big expert user but little inconveniences like this really put the brakes on.
A true instrument track mode should play only the dedicated instrument, whatever patterns you put in.

If I miss something, please tell me.

exmatproton
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:26 pm

x

Re: How to quickly test an instrument with some existing pattern ?

anthon wrote: ↑Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:20 pm I was ...
Last edited by exmatproton on Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”