Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bruellbart
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:26 pm

x

Regaining self-confidence: Your favourite OLD track of yours

I think many, if not all of us have been at some point in our very personal history of creating music where enormous self doubts, perfectionism, creative exhaustion etc. culminated in feeling like making music any further will overchallenge the own skills and all fun is gone.

I'm at this very point right now (not for the first time) and you may see this thread as some kind of self therapy, and yes, it is 8)

If you ever felt like this you may relate to this thread, so I'm asking you:

Do you have that one specific OLD track of yours where you feel like that this track was IT, just exactly how you wanted it to be with the skillset and the resources you got at the time being? It wrote itself, the arrangement was fitting, choices of sound where a no-brainer, percussion couldn't have been anything else, suspenses and releases just worked out well... you get the idea. Btw. it doesn't matter what the term "old" means to you. It just has to feel like "that old track" you've created.

My track of choice is one I've created approx. 20 years ago using some samples and the Magix Music Maker. Be warned, it's a Gabber track, it's mono and sample-based, got a low bitrate... the hell, I didn't even know about the pure existence of stuff called Sidechaining or Clipping. But this track turned out just exactly how I wanted it to be and I'm still proud of it, even it may seem laughable from today's standards:

Your turn, but please allow one tiny request: please post only ONE track and not a complete music library. It has to be THE one.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:37 pm

x

Re: Regaining self-confidence: Your favourite OLD track of yours

I sadly do not have an older track online or an...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:40 pm

x

hermann wrote: ↑Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:19 am call ...

Scott
Site Admin
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:17 pm

x

When I was just a customer I got a demo track. ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SuperTRev
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:09 am

x

Good tunes, guys. I can't find my old 'the o...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dag.cl
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:19 am

x

This is a death metal track from 2004. Some rif...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”