What does Wave Candy's "Enhanced frequency" do to make the low frequency resolution so good?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ice_b0und
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:51 am

x

What does Wave Candy's "Enhanced frequency" do to make the low frequency resolution so good?

I used FL Studio for years and I liked Wave Candy's spectrum. Sometimes I tried other spectrum or spectrogram (aka sonogram) plugins like Voxengo SPAN, MAnalyizer, Fab Filter Pro-Q (it's an EQ but it has spectrum display), Ableton Live's spectrum, izotope insights, etc. But none of the plugins have the low frequency resolution like Wave Candy's "Enhanced Frequency" mode. Their resolution are like Wave Candy without "Enhanced frequency" mode (with the same window size settings).

A 33Hz sine wave without "Enhanced frequency" in Wave Candy (Max res = 2048 bands)
Screenshot 2021-11-26 194629.png
with "Enhanced frequency"
Screenshot 2021-11-26 194602.png
Same sine wave with Voxengo SPAN (2048 block size)
Screenshot 2021-11-26 194759.png
Are Wave Candy using DFT-based methods? How can DFT based methods have 1Hz resolution with 2048 window size (should be at most 44100/2048=22Hz)? Are they just fake spectrum? Can I reliably trust Wave Candy's low frequency spectrum?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

himhim2340
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:35 am

x

Re: What does Wave Candy's "Enhanced frequency" do to make the low frequency resolution so good?

After doing some reading, I have a feeling Enha...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ice_b0und
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:50 pm

x

Re: What does Wave Candy's "Enhanced frequency" do to make the low frequency resolution so good?

himhim2340 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:35 am Af...

ice_b0und
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:17 pm

x

Tested the same 808 (created by modulating the ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”