Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
bigmatt94
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:14 am

x

Need help with sound latency issues on my new PC

So I bought a new PC and I'm having some issues with sound latency on my new PC. I'll make this post as detailed as possible so hopefully someone can help.

Old PC: Asus Zenbook (Model: UX305F)
Sound Device: High Definition Audio Device

This laptop was designed for students so it really wasn't made to run DAW's yet it had no issues running FL Studio and the audio input and output latency was so small that it wasn't noticeable and I had no issues playing things in time with the typing keyboard and there was no issue recording vocals with my mic too as the recorded vocals were also perfectly in time. Also, I never messed with the audio settings in FL Studio and left everything as the default settings. The default audio device was FL Studio ASIO. I never changed the buffer length or adjusted anything else to try and minimize latency.

New PC: Asus TUF DASH F15
Sound Devices:
Intel Smart Sound Technology for Bluetooth Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek(R) Audio

This is a gaming laptop which is 5 times more powerful than my old laptop. First of all, I noticed when using the default sound device within FL Studio which is FL Studio ASIO the audio quality was complete garbage. I switched the device to Realtek ASIO (preinstalled on my PC) and the sound quality was much better and made my projects sound much more like they sounded on my old PC. I noticed that there was much less latency when switching to this device as well. I also adjusted the buffer length to the smallest value to minimize the latency even more. Yet after doing all of this there is still more latency on this PC compared to the old one.

I don't understand how my much more powerful PC can have more latency than my old PC when I have adjusted all of the settings to minimize latency and didn't adjust any settings on my old PC to minimize to latency.

Another issue was to simply to do a vocal test with my USB mic (which is a Blue Yeti mic) I couldn't do it with Realtek ASIO set as the sound device as the sound just got completely destroyed and was completely distorted in my headphones once I plugged in my mic. I had to switch back the device to FL ASIO to have undistorted sound and switching back to that increased the latency which meant that my vocal test was completely out of sync with the tempo of my tracks. So basically it's impossible to record without massive timing issues on this new PC.

I don't know what the issue is. I'm thinking it's either the sound drivers of this new PC simply aren't as compatible with FL Studio and therefore don't work as well with the program as the one on my old PC did, or it's an issue with Windows 10 (thinking this might be a possibility as my old PC had Windows 8).

Could someone help me identify what the issue is? I don't know if there is more stuff within the PC settings that I need to adjust to increase the overall performance or if I should just return this PC and get a different one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”