zgameeditor visualizer uses too much RAM, free alternative to fruity video player?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
rapture237
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:41 pm

x

zgameeditor visualizer uses too much RAM, free alternative to fruity video player?

Hi, I'm scoring a few movie scenes and my problem is that with zgameeditor visualizer (I own fl studio producer edition) if I want the video to also play the audio I need to preload the video ("enable video preloading") and then select "with audio" (of course "compress" is selected), and this way a 4 minutes mp4 video of about 50MB takes up 6GB of RAM (no other plugin open) and if I start loading kontakt libraries all purged at a certain point I can't watch the video anymore.

The reason why I can't import the audio track from the video as a separate track is that I have a tempo automation, and while the video will always be in sync with my score no matter what I do, the audio track from the video imported separately will go out of sync if I start the playback from a position after a tempo automation has occurred. Instead if the audio track is playing directly from the zgameeditor visualizer will always be in sync with everything.
Yes, I have tried chopping off the audio on the spots where the automation occurs, yes, I have tried every single time stretching mode.

I think that fruity video player might solve my problem since I've seen in a few videos where they play video and audio togheter in sync with the track and the ram usage doesn't go above 500MB for a short clip.

That said I don't want to spend €35 for a plugin that is included in most if not every other daw. In logic you just drag the video in, do all the tempo automation you want and boom you're ready to score, saying logic because it's usually the go to user friendly daw for movie scoring, but I think most daws behave like this.

Is there any free alternative to fruity video player?

Thanks

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”