Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MikeOckk
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:25 pm

x

Best way to set up FL Studio for a live keyboard setup

So here's the deal. I play keyboards in my band, and things have kind of snowballed to the point where we're actually about to start playing shows and touring, and I have no idea how to replicate everything I do in this project live. Everything I use is VST-based. I have never played a show like this before, so I'm wondering exactly what the best way to set it all up would be. I obviously need to switch between VST's on the fly, but I have figured that part out.

I am currently using an M-Audio Oxygen Pro 61 and the Akai Fire as my MIDI controllers. Ideally I would like to be able to set it up so that my keyboard plays keys for whatever MIDI channel I have it set to, and the drumpads just trigger samples. Other than that, and if there's a better way, please tell me, but I would bring in all of the VST instruments I use in that song, right click them and set them to receive notes from the different MIDI ports for switching instruments on the Oxygen.

This isn't an EDM project or anything like that. It's more of a heavy metal(ish) type project, so I don't necessarily need a whole lot of looping or anything like that, it's just for live keys, and to trigger samples with the drumpads for the parts where it's physically impossible for me to play that many keyboards by myself.

Anybody have any experience with these types of setups? What's the best way to go about using FL Studio/VSTs in a live band setting?

Omnifold
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:41 am

x

Re: Best way to set up FL Studio for a live keyboard setup

MikeOckk wrote: ↑Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:56 pm I ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Omnifold on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omnifold
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 am

x

MikeOckk wrote: ↑Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:56 pm yeah ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omnifold
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:18 am

x

MikeOckk wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:05 am I've ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”