Is there a way to make FL Studio sound the same in real-time as after an export?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nüwa
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:39 am

x

Is there a way to make FL Studio sound the same in real-time as after an export?

Alright so I was working on some simple deep fm bass in phase plant. Everything was sounding alright using its internal LFO but then I decided to map the fm amount to a macro so I could just draw the shape on the timeline itself. Indeed I quite enjoy using automation clips I think it's one of FL's most powerful feature. However after doing so the sound started having this nasty artifacts in the high end that weren't there before when I was modulating the fm amount with phase plant's internal LFO. Now something strange I noticed was that the artifacts that were present when I was using the macro/automation clip way sounded different depending on the buffer size I used. In this case I was running FL Studio Asio and using a buffer size of 256 samples. Same thing happened while using ASIO4ALL. Now to my big surprise after bouncing the clip to audio the artifacts were significantly reduced. However I still spent quite a lot of time playing with my automation curves trying to fix the problem to no avail. Now would there be a way to make FL sound exactly the same in both instances. It's a bit weird working on a sound that doesn't actually sound like the final result will sound. I tried doing the same thing (exact same patch with macro and automation) in other daws like ableton and reaper. And there wasnt any drastic difference like in FL's case. Also the artifact sounds were almost non existent even in real-time. I actually tried the same process but automating the volume of some DC offset instead and the results were pretty crazy.

EDIT: I'd recommend listening with some headphones to really hear what I'm talking about

Last edited by Nüwa on Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J-&dre
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 pm

x

Re: Is there a way to make FL Studio sound the same in real-time as after an export?

Nogyoff wrote: ↑Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:09 pm Getbuz...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nüwa
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:25 pm

x

Re: Is there a way to make FL Studio sound the same in real-time as after an export?

Yes there is a difference. First one is rendere...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nüwa
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:51 pm

x

shroomhead_one wrote: ↑Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:37 p...

4mB
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:25 pm

x

If I may inquire which mode are you using? . Mo...

Yearofthegoat
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:49 pm

x

Seems like using fixed buffers helps with quite...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”