Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kaitav
Tue May 24, 2022 5:55 am

x

Regarding Playlist track header and opening plugin GUIs

This is regarding Playlist track header for instrument and audio tracks. I like the fact that we can double click virtually anywhere on the track header to open the instrument. Recently, an option was also added on my request to use ALT + double click by selecting a different instrument track header to open two or more simultaneous plugin GUIs. However, I find that it doesn't work as smoothly as it does in Channel Rack.

So, I have started to feel that instead of having to double click anywhere on the track header it would be better to have a "dedicated button" to open the instrument GUI. There are two advantages of this:

1. You can single click on the button to open the plugin GUI and also click on it again to close the GUI.
2. You can avoid having to use ALT + double click and just click on the the dedicated button of any track to open multiple GUIs at once, as it is needed sometimes. There's always ESC button if you want to close any focused window.

I know that for audio tracks it is a bit tricky, but I don't think it will be any different than how it works now. There's "auto select linked modules" setting that might need to be considered, but this might not be concern too.

Does anyone else think this might be a good idea? Any other challenges?

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”