Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Caine
Wed May 25, 2022 12:52 pm

x

Master Pitch issues with various plugins and coherent mixes

hi guys, im checking all my old projects and new ones (a LOOOOOOOOT OF WORK!) as i encountered many problems with old vsts etc and hope to recover most projects and i stumbled with Tech Support (not solved yet as we work on it) on a lot of Master Pitch issues and i never checked how this EXACTLY works. so here my questions ;).

1. i always thought that if you for example set the master pitch to -200 Cents that ALL instances including audio samples AND plugins get pitched down to -200 Cents, thats the logic behind it isnt it?

2. while checking various projects i encountered the weirdest things, audios samples were always (the the ones in the playlist!) pitched correctly from the master pitch, BUT NOT the plugins, eg. Nexus is at -200 Cents in reality -1 Semitones not -2, Gladiator is not -200 Cents but something like -60 Cents etc. and some plugins are at 0 no matter what the master pitch is set.

3. so this means the pitches of all instances are all over the place and not immediately hearable in many cases but still not coherent for a balanced mix and tonality correct?

so i didnt know that, but other DAWs offer no Master Pitch afaik, so is the Master Pitch from the FL Studio Drum Sample era or why is it there if it doesnt work correctly/isnt much usable? or maybe only usable with native FL Studio Plugins?

this is something im trying to figure out and correct all my projects while checking and resaving etc.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Wed May 25, 2022 4:51 pm

x

Re: Master Pitch issues with various plugins and coherent mixes

As more or less said in technical support. It w...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Thu May 26, 2022 1:56 pm

x

Re: Master Pitch issues with various plugins and coherent mixes

No problem. As the master pitch range of FL St...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”