Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Avelina
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:04 pm

x

Re: Change voice of vocal?

1. Pitcher can do this, but I think other alternatives in this list are better for this purpose and they probably sound better too.
2. Pitch Shifter can do this in "Vocal" mode by changing the "formant" slider, use a bunch of CPU and might not necessarily track everything if the vocals aren't super clean.
3. You can use the "Stretch Pro" resampling method in the audio clip settings and change the "formant" slider. This is the same thing as Pitch Shifter but is more reliable imo, however it can't be used on live audio and needs to be done on an actual audio clip.

So I'd go with 3. for recordings, and 2. for realtime live non-recorded stuff or if you can't work with audio clips for some reason (e.g. the voice is coming from another plugin and you don't want to bounce the intermediate audio to a clip).

Honourable mentions:
You could also use Newtone, it gives the most control but that would be suuuper extra and unnecessary for just voice changing.
You could also use Harmor which would allow you to control the actual shape of the formant shift in a very fine grained way so could give better results if you spend a long time tuning the formant mutation curve, but again, that's very extra and the audio fidelity of the resynthesis is close but not quite as good as working with actual audio and option 2 or 3.

Larian
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:46 pm

x

Hi! All the the ways up are nice way to change...

Adam Y
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:18 pm

x

The only plugin I recall being one that can alt...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”