music theory/piano composition and how it translates to working with DISTORTION and guitars

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TranceCrafter
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:07 am

x

music theory/piano composition and how it translates to working with DISTORTION and guitars

Hi, I have spent a large number of years learning about counterpoint and music theory, in order to write music in fl studio that fits well with elements like PIANO or STRINGS.

a lot of this involves things like "roman numeral analysis"

and I don't really play guitar but I have been spending a lot of time learning about how to get a good guitar sound through kontakt libraries like shreddage and running it through guitar rig.

I've noticed that writing for guitar in fl requires knowing to some degree how a guitar works anyway so maybe I should have spent some more time learning to play/manage a real guitar but oh well....this works for me.

does anyone on here know if there is a reason why distorting a perfect fifth works perfectly for ONE instrument but when working with many guitar parts it becomes really difficult to write something complex without the whole composition sounding muddy?

I feel like when I am writing guitar parts and trying to do something more impressive (like emulating ACDC) I don't get very good results. the lower basslines (perfect fifth) often clash with my lead elements (should these ALSO be perfect fifths?)

TranceCrafter
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:46 pm

x

Re: music theory/piano composition and how it translates to working with DISTORTION and guitars

threw this together today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TranceCrafter
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:45 pm

x

Re: music theory/piano composition and how it translates to working with DISTORTION and guitars

donkeytugger wrote: ↑Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:18 pm i...
Last edited by TranceCrafter on Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TranceCrafter
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:47 pm

x

I made this today as well....testing merging a ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”