Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TheJoker1989
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:41 am

x

FL Studio and improvements for Orchestral/Cinematic composing

FL Studio is my favorite DAW. But it lacks features when it comes to orchestral composing. I did a thread on it here.
It did get 11 upvotes. viewtopic.php?f=100&t=279986
I'm also seeing more and more people discussing kontakt (and other samplers mostly used for orchestral instruments) and questions related to orchestral music. Also seems like there's been an increase in people who share orchestral/cinematic tracks on song exchange.
The poll Image Line did about music genres also got a lot of votes on "cinematic".

But what has the FL community to say overall about this?
Would you be fine with Image Line using resources on making FL more capable in this area?
Or would just rather have FL focus on features towards EDM and Hip Hop/Trap only?
There was actually a thread about this on VI Control. Most people there said that someone interrested in orchestral music should simply just find a new DAW, since FL Studio's focus is elsewhere.
Maybe they are right.
I have actually went to Reaper, but didn't take long before I was back again to FL Studio.
All shortcomings aside (when we are talking orchestral) I really like this DAW.
And my bias aside. I get it if that's the case.
FL Studio has it's base. Maybe they should just stick pleasing that audience only.
Makes sense.
Argument could be made though that they would increase sales/userbase by implement at the very least the "essential/barebones" features for orchestral music.
(In the link above)
Sample libraries are getting cheaper and cheaper and even many free libraries available. With no knowledge of the statistics, I would say that it's probably a rapid growing genre. More people can afford it now. There's no way I would have been able to afford it 5-10 years ago.

Since I'm sure the FL community is mostly people interrested in EDM and Hip Hop etc, maybe the answers will be from people only interrested in FL focusing on that. And I can understand that.
But I want to know the future and chances of FL Studio regards to the topic of this thread.
If that's the case, maybe I should say goodbye to FL Studio.
But I sure don't want to.

Thank you all for reading :))

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”