Dynamic mics vs Condensers which do you prefer?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
FL Studio 4 Life
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:27 pm

x

Dynamic mics vs Condensers which do you prefer?

Hi everyone, It's been a very long time since I used a dynamic mic and even the one I had years ago sounded terrible. My friend James sent me the EV RE10 mic to burrow, old school mic and let me mention that I was blown away at the character of the sound. Since my first experience years ago with the bad dynamic mic I never cared to try another one out. I had many condenser mics over the years. Now I just own the Akg C900, the Audio Technica Ae5400 and the Blue Baby Bottle.

Does anyone here use dynamic mics for studio recording for vocals? If so do you prefer them over condensers?

My friend want the mic back but I would love to buy the mic perhaps second hand if possible however, perhaps there is something even more better than the EV mic.

My friend also owns the heil pr35 and I admit from his songs that it sounds very good as well. I'll post some audio files at some point how the ev mic sounds but I was shocked that I prefer this mic over my condensers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OSW
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 pm

x

Re: Dynamic mics vs Condensers which do you prefer?

Cool thread, I also have an affinity for oldsch...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FL Studio 4 Life
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:54 pm

x

Re: Dynamic mics vs Condensers which do you prefer?

That is awesome OSW! I can't sing either so no ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”