Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
philgregory
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:01 am

x

Sibilance Issues with Newtone

Hi all,

I am hoping to get this post noticed by an Image Line employee or such to hopefully get this fixed, or to get some proper troubleshooting and advice.

When audio is modified in Newtone, sibilance, even if unchanged, becomes distorted, to an unacceptable quality.

I recorded a clip with sibilance, and did some testing on it, so you can see for yourself. Ironically, I misspoke sibilance as "silibance" in the clip, but it doesn't change anything. Below are names of the files and descriptions of what I did to them (they are in order matching the Dropbox files). The files can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fpsxvtrwdiw0j7b/AAC8KAaSdttQchOyghFm3pc4a?dl=0

Sibilance Testing Original Clip - Self explanatory.

Sibilance Testing NewTone No Mod - Audio was added into NewTone, and was immediately dragged and dropped out, with no changes.

Sibilance Testing NewTone All Snapped - Audio was added into NewTone, selected all audio with ctrl+a, right clicked on an audio clip to snap all selected clips to the nearest note. It was then dragged and dropped out.

Sibilance Testing NewTone Sibilance Not Snapped - Audio was added into NewTone, selected all audio with ctrl+a, right clicked on an audio clip to snap all selected clips to the nearest note. All sibilance audio sections were then cut, selected, and unsnapped using middle mouse button. It was then dragged and dropped out.

Sibilance Testing NewTone One Non-Sibilance Section Snapped - Audio was added into NewTone, and a single non-sibilance audio section was selected, and snapped to the nearest note using right click. This section was the "il" in "silibence". It was then dragged and dropped out.

Interestingly, in the last clip, it sounds like the sibilence before the word "silibance" was distorted, but everything else, including the beginning breath, was unaffected. This leads me to believe that sibilance surrounding snapped clips is affected.

Sorken
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:57 pm

x

Re: Sibilance Issues with Newtone

Hey! Would like to bump this post. I've notice...

philgregory
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:03 pm

x

Oh, and to add - there is also an issue of the ...

Powderpane
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:24 am

x

Usually I have to cut around them and then move...

Sorken
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:27 am

x

Powderpane wrote: ↑Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:24 am Us...

Powderpane
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:02 pm

x

Sorken wrote: Powderpane wrote: ↑Sun Oct 09, 20...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorken
Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:47 am

x

Powderpane wrote: ↑Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:02 pm Sor...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”