Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Fornicras
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:33 pm

x

Problems with FL Studio and 1824c Interface

Hi all,

Two years ago I switched from FL Studio to Studio One and bought PreSonus 1824c Audio Interface thinking it would be perfect as it's the same company making both of them.
But now that I see improvements on FL21, I wanted to give it another chance to FL but the problem I'm having certainly affects the way I'm deciding.

On Studio One, I can open a 20-track song, with Kontakt, Omnisphere, Arturia Synths, and tons of other mixing plugins, 4 send tracks, 2-3 bus channels, and with a 128 buffer size, I don't hear a single crackle or any other problem that would make me raise my buffer size.

However on FL Studio, when I open a similar project (or with even fewer instruments and FX), I instantly hear crackles and pops with the same buffer size, and then I have to set my buffer size to 1024 to get rid of them, and even then I see CPU meter hitting red sometimes.

So, I am thinking that maybe PreSonus software and hardware work better with each other.
Or my FL Studio settings are somehow wrong?
Or it's simply because Studio One is better optimized than FL Studio?

What might be the issue there?

For reference: my PC has i9-9900k and 64GB RAM, both software running on SSD, and libraries, and VSTs are also running on an SSD. Running FL Studio 20, the latest update, and running Studio One 5.5.

Thanks.

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:31 pm

x

Re: Problems with FL Studio and 1824c Interface

This is too vague to really make a comparison I...

Fornicras
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:05 am

x

shroomhead_one wrote: ↑Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:31 pm...

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:07 am

x

Fornicras wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:05 am shro...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”