Reason Rack 12.1 - Midi Out not sending to third party synths (Mac)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
fonziconnzi
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:00 am

x

Reason Rack 12.1 - Midi Out not sending to third party synths (Mac)

Hello I hope that I am posting in the right place to ask about this.

I am just getting started with Reason Rack 12.1. My version of FL Studio is v20.9.2. I am using FL Studio on a MacBook Air.

I have created an instance of Reason Rack in my pattern rack.

I have assigned the Dual Arpeggiator to the Reason Rack. The Reason Midi Out module is automatically inserted under the arp module.

I have gone into the settings of this instance of Reason Rack and set the midi output to port 1.

I have then created an instance of a third party synth instrument in the pattern rack.

I have gone into the settings for this and set the midi input port to port 1.

However, the notes from the Reason Rack are not being sent to the synth instrument. They are showing as being triggered within the Reason Rack instance, but there is no sound.

From the video tutorials I have seen/the documentation that I have looked at, the above method should allow the Reason Rack midi output to send the midi notes to the synth instrument midi input channel, but in my case it is just not happening.

If someone can tell me what they think I might be doing wrong/overlooking, that would be much appreciated.
Could it be something about how I need to set up my initial midi settings for FL? Do I need to have my external midi controller assigned to a different port from the Midi Out port?

It would be so good to get this working, since it was one of the main features that got me excited about using Reason as a plugin within FL.

This video shows exactly what I am trying to achieve - but am for some mysterious reason repeatedly failing to do:

https://youtu.be/GaI5vUvM6RY

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”