Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
b-g-g
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:11 pm

x

Novation controller playing multiple synths live

Help,

I'm a pretty solid FL Studio user, but am a little stumped and could use some help. In the past, I've had a full sized keyboard controller and had it connected to external sound modules via MIDI. I could turn on/off and change volume of four preset sounds I had. For example, I had Piano/Strings/Choir Vocals/Rhodes as my four presets. i could play any/all of them and control their volume independently.

Fast Forward a decade, I bought the Novation Launchkey 88 which has 8 faders & buttons. I'd like to do the same using FL Studio as my sound module.

My problem is that I'm unable to verify if the problem is FL Studio, or my controller configuration. I'd love some help. Here's what I've done.

1) I created 4 synth's in the channel rack. I set each to receive only from my Novation Controller, and from a specific MIDI channel (synth 1 on channel 9, synth 2 on channel 10, etc) IS THIS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT??

2) I think I've set my Novation controller to assign a fader and its corresponding button to each midi channel (fader 1/MIDI 9, fader 2/MIDI 10, etc.)

FL Studio receives MIDI as evidenced by the knob under help lighting up, but I don't know WHAT channel it is receiving on.

Does anybody have any troubleshooting tips? Is my thinking correct? I cannot find any help online.

Thanks

steevm
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:30 pm

x

Re: Novation controller playing multiple synths live

b-g-g wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:43 pm I've co...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”