Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spoken Flea
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:03 pm

x

Fruity Send resets send value when creating a bus

Hi there,

I'm still a fair noob with FL so apologies if there’s a clear reason for Fruity Send to be programmed like this.

When creating a few channels of drum inputs (snare, kick, etc – tracks 10-15) I side chained them all to second tracks for effects to be added (and only hear the effect) (tracks 20-25) and used an instance of Fruity Send at the end in each of tracks 10-15 so that I was able to change the volume of the original drum sounds without changing the effect sound volume (by setting its “send” to 2).

When routing the original sounds (tracks 10-15) to a new drum bus, it defaulted all the Fruity Send instances in those tracks from “2” back to “1”. This meant that the bus and the individual volume controls lowered the signal sent to tracks 20-25.

Is it better to program the Fruity Send to maintain its send priority when adding a route to bus or is there a reason that it defaults to the new route made?

It’s easy to get around. Just go back into the Fruity Send for each track and set it back to 2. It just confused me first time when all the levels started to behave differently after making the drum bus.

Sorry if there’s a reason for the defaulting (IE required for other pathing), just raising in case it’s useful as a fix.

Hope this is useful

Kind Regards
Niall

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”