How do Playback Tracking Settings Actually Affect Audio Recordings Alignment?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Zander1
Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:14 am

x

How do Playback Tracking Settings Actually Affect Audio Recordings Alignment?

Hello,

I know that Playback Tracking settings (Source and Offset) mainly have to do with the syncing between your playhead visually lining up with what you're hearing in playback.

My confusion mainly lies with how your playback tracking not being properly synced can negatively affect the alignment of audio recordings into the playlist. Let's say I'm doing some microphone feedback tests (Where I record the FL metronome using a microphone plugged into an interface and not monitoring that input). Should I expect to see changes in the waveform alignment to the playlist grid if I change the playback tracking settings in between recordings? The reason I ask is because I have done these tests and I don't see any differences in alignment when I try to change to any playback tracking combinations - mixer, driver, hybrid with different offset settings in both directions. Is there a reason these settings wouldn't be changing the waveform alignment or am I mistaken to think those settings would have any affect on audio recording alignment?

I thought I read in the FL User Guide that playback tracking settings could help with recording alignment and even serve as a sort of Global Input Delay Compensation. Is that maybe only true with MIDI recordings or something?

Thanks for any replies, this has been an ongoing issue I'm quickly trying to sort out in the middle of projects.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”