Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Neoki
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:57 pm

x

FL 21 - Clean Install (User Case)

I didn't perform any beta installs on my system. I had FL 20 installed prior to official release. During FL 21 setup, I noticed it was attempting a default installation to my Windows 32-bit folder structure: /Program Files (x86). Obviously, this isn't ideal for a 64-bit scenario and just leads to messy instancing of multiple applications. I uninstalled FL 20, wiped all related drive paths and then proceeded to rip standalone instances of plug-ins from the system as well (maybe responsible for the pre-existing 32-bit conflict presented). Lastly, I did a manual registry scrub for nearly all entries related to an "Image-Line" search in finder. Left only a few keys.

Post reboot, I ran FL 21's setup again and this time it defaulted as expected to the 64-bit convention: /Program Files. Just FYI for those not doing clean installs. In my case, the default selection just pointed out an unconventional disposition that already existed. Windows certainly isn't perfect, but it's what we have. Perhaps it's required to maintain two separate versions on the same system, but how many really pay attention to this level of detail and care, *shrug*? Regardless, clean install +1. :idea: Grats to the team at IL. They obviously worked hard to get this out. I really wasn't expecting it so early. Hoping all goes well.

Phhoenyxx
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:53 pm

x

Re: FL 21 - Clean Install (User Case)

I kept FL 20 when I installed FL 21. It also po...

Neoki
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:18 pm

x

Phhoenyxx wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:53 pm I ke...

WhiskeyPriest
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:07 pm

x

I don't think the x86 folder is the default loc...

Phhoenyxx
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:42 pm

x

WhiskeyPriest wrote: ↑Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:07 pm...

WhiskeyPriest
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:05 pm

x

Phhoenyxx wrote: ↑Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:42 pm Whi...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”