Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
highkoo
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:10 pm

x

FL21 changes- Copy/Paste, Line snap

Do most people use "Line" snap?
I couldnt find a thread on this..

It looks like the always contested copy/paste workflow details have been change a lil bit in FL21..
This is a hard thing to explain...

A few releases ago, the playlist was changed. One thing it did was change the way selecting/ctrl-c/ctrl-ping something that was not aligned with the playlist grid in your current zoom.
In that thread me and others explained FLs genius secret being the relationship between 'line' snap and zooming and pasting.
ie, Line snap is a setting that works according to your current zoom level, because 'lines' in the playlist change as you zoom. BUT, copy/paste 'remembers' its beat/bar relationship.
This is a strange and amazing and useful thing that has become one of the oldest muscle memories I have.

A while back a regular ctrl-c/ctrl-p stopped working that way.
Because of that change the workaround Ive gotten used to is selecting, and click-hold-drag to copy. Up to now, that would create a copy that would keep its original relationship to the invisible beat/bar "grid", regardless of my current zoom level.

But in FL21, neither ctrl-c/ctrl-p or click-hold-drag work....
Maybe there is another workaround, but I cant figure out how to copy/paste like this, unless I zoom in to the appropriate zoom level, (and adjust the playhead), before pasting.
Am I missing a new method?
Thanks.

I just realized..
With 'paste at playhead', (which I think is the way to be), the playhead would have to 'inherit' the snap relationship from the copied clip somehow, and somehow snap there to paste... which dont make sense...

For me, if click-hold-drag worked like it did before, that would be perrrrrf

highkoo
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:36 am

x

Re: FL21 changes- Copy/Paste, Line snap

Ok, Ive realized the change; Its now Shift+hold...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”