Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
karl_7
Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:00 pm

x

tempo modulation bug with audio clips?

i've checked the forum for this subject and all the results seemed irrelevant; as far as i can tell, nobody has brought this up yet.

my song has numerous tempo changes in it. after composing, i recorded a guitar track to it (the track is for the whole duration of the song). i'm playing it as an audio clip. upon playback, when started from the very beginning, the guitar track will be properly in sync.

but if you begin playback anywhere other than the beginning, the guitar track is out of sync.

i understand why it does this. The guitar track is a fixed duration of time. FL Studio triggers the track based on absolute time from the beginning of the song. but if you skip all the tempo changes, the track will not come in at the right time, because FL doesn't look at all those tempo changes and calculate how much time would have theoretically elapsed if you had started from the beginning.

as you can imagine, this causes trouble when you make changes late in the song and want to listen to them, or when you are frequently interrupted by other people.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”