FL Studio and Noatikl

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
JimmyD
Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:03 am

x

FL Studio and Noatikl

Noatikl is a generative music program that was written by the guys that wrote SSEYO Koan, I believe. I got the stand alone version, which I hope wasn't a mistake and am trying to use it with FL Studio and various VSTIs, etc. Noatikl has the ability to run as a MIDI slave, so I have set it up to listen on MIDI Yoke Port 1. I have FL Studio sending MIDI Sync out of MIDI Yoke Port 1. I have Noatikl outputting the MIDI it generates out on MIDI YOKE Port 2. I set up a couple of VSTIs in FL Studio to be driven by a couple of FL Studio MIDI Out generators. The MIDI Out generators each drive one VSTI (I synced up the MIDI Out generator's port to the VSTI's MIDI In port).

When I start FL Studio, the audio I hear depends upon which MIDI Out/VSTI pair I have "selected" in the Channel Panel. If I select the other "pair", I hear the audio from that pair ... but never both !! If I hold down the shift key, I can click on as many channels as I want and they appear "selected" but I only hear audio from the MIDI Out and/or VSTI channel I last clicked on.

I may not be explaining myself very well here, but I think I may be missing something simple. Has anybody else experienced anything like this ? What am I missing here ?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Jimmy D.

Audiosynth
Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:20 am

x

I fear you may need to have Rewire from Noatikl...

JimmyD
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:17 pm

x

Thanks for the help, AudioSynth. No I don't th...

chardin
Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:04 am

x

This would be a bit of a pain and I don't even ...

normal
Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:10 pm

x

Re: FL Studio and Noatikl

JimmyD wrote:Noatikl is a generative music prog...
Last edited by normal on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sQeetz
Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:08 pm

x

Noatikl sounds like some sort of aztecan name. ...

JimmyD
Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:58 am

x

Re: FL Studio and Noatikl

normal wrote:JimmyD wrote:Noatikl is a generati...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”