I'm very sorry to bother the community with such basical issues, but I'm losing a lot of time.
The manual doesn't help at all. Concerning "MIDI out" there's half a page of manual that briefly explains just the very basical priciples. Those principles are clear, but it's far not enough. I don't want to complain but that's the way it is.
I just need to automate the program changes of a fx plugin loaded into one mixer insert.
I guess i need to use a "Midi out", right?
1) I load a generic sound in a channel, just to have a sound to feed into the fx; let's say I load a synth that plays a 4 bars note and I repeat this pattern 4 times in order to have a sound long enough;
2) I load a VST fx (let's say a trance gate, with its program bank where I stored my 127 beloved presets) into the first mixer insert slot. My goal is to have my trance gate playing PRESET 1 for the first 2 bars, PRESET 2 from bar 2 to 4, PRESET 3 from bar 4 to 6 and so on (it means program change1, 2, 3 etc.)
3) To do this I first assign the Trance Gate "Midi input port", let's say to port 5
4) and, in the synth's "Channel Settings" window I route the "Target Mixer Track" to 1 (since my trance gate is on Insert Track 1. Well, now I hear my synth gated, as expected;
5) Then, into the "Channel window" I add a "MIDI-out" channel; in the "Midi-out- Channel settings" window I point the "Output Port Number" and I assign it to port 5;
6) in the same window I right click on the patch number and I select "Edit events". I draw the program changes I wanted at bar 2 and bar 4 etc.
At this point if I push on play (both in "pattern mode" or in"song mode") i can see the patch number and the patch name changing over time as I desire (it's the misleading GM name, but it doesn't matter in this moment), but actually nothing happens into the settings of the Trance Gate, as I should expect.
And here madness begins!
I try everything out and I finish my day cursing .
I decided to try with "create automation clip" (right click on "patch Number"). In the "Playlist window" I draw a nice envelope, using "hold" in order to have the envelope in nice steps jumping from a program change to the other. I can even read on top of this envelope "MIDI out- program change envelope". I say, eureka, here we are!
I thought, maybe I have to play with "link to controller", it doesn't make any sense, but let's try. "MIDI out Channel settings"->Right click on pitch->link to controller: a "Remote controller settings"window pops up. The second section's called "internal controller" where I have two options "none"or "MIDI out-Patch number- automation clip". I select the clip, but nothing happens.
Have I to trigger the "MIDI-out channel" from the step sequencer? Or from the Playlist? From both? I try, but it doesn't f****** work!!
Given that step 1 to 6 I wrote above are correct, could anybody add the few steps more that will lead to success?
I spent one whole day trying all possible things, I spent almost another day searching the FL forum, learning a lot of things but not what I intended to learn and right now I'm almost begging on my knees.
It's incredible how software can squeeze out the last drop of selfcontrol in a man.
I'm sure it's my fault and I'm missing something fundamental, but how can such a basical tusk, like the automatic selection of program changes, be so difficult?
I hope the comunity will help as usual.
Thank you all in advance.
Discuss how to use FL Studio
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]