Pitch Keyboard Mapping and Snap to Grid (SOLVED)

find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphagem-O
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:21 am

x

Pitch Keyboard Mapping and Snap to Grid (SOLVED)

Here is a somewhat technical issue with the Sytrus Pitch Keyboard Mapping function in combination with Snap to Grid: When points are snapped to the grid, incorrect pitch offsets are generated for certain notes.

Could anyone confirm please?

If it is a bug, has this been logged already?

I was trying to make Sytrus sound an E phrygian mode (E,F,G,A,B,C,D,E) when playing the C major scale (C,D,E,F,G,A,B,C) on the keyboard, i.e. a right shift of 3 to 4 semitones, depending on the note played. The offsets were programmed into the PITCH KEY M tab.

The following preset was created from the Sytrus Default preset, with Snap to Grid turned on and the offsets placed accordingly (+4,+3,+3,+4,+4,+3,+3 semitones) in OP1 PITCH KEY M in the C5 octave.
Sytrus E phrygian_snap to grid ON_wrong notes.fst
Snap to Grid on.mp3
When playing the C major scale, the resulting notes were: C-->E, D-->F, E-->G, F-->G#, G-->G, A-->A, B-->B, and C-->E, so 4 out of the 8 notes were incorrect.
Snap to grid turned on_20180306_small.jpg
Moving the points for these notes in the graph vertically (up or down) on the grid yielded no change in pitch at all. For example, moving the point for the F note, yielded G# in any position.
Snap to grid turned on_Moved F point vertically_20180306_small.jpg
However, disabling Snap to Grid (green magnet icon, lower right corner) and then manually moving the points of faulty notes horizontally slightly off the grid to the left while holding the SHIFT key (vertical lock, i.e. keeping the pitch) yielded the correct notes (preset and pic below).
Sytrus E phrygian_Points moved off grid_correct notes.fst
Points off grid.mp3
Points moved horizontally_correct pitch_20180306_small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alphagem-O on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alphagem-O
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:05 am

x

Re: Pitch Keyboard Mapping and Snap to Grid (SOLVED)

It suddenly dawned on me that with any envelope...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”