LFO retriggering when I don't want it to

find/exchange/discuss Sytrus presets & tips here

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
darintrax
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:36 pm

x

LFO retriggering when I don't want it to

I'm using a LP filter on my two operators and I'm trying to modulate the cutoff of that filter and I'm not understanding the LFO retriggering settings. As far as I can tell, there is nothing that sets when the LFO retriggers. I see the global radio button, and upon hovering I get the tooltip/status bar info that it is for a global retrigger. I don't want ANY retrigger on the LFO. I want the LFO to do what most LFOs are supposed to do and oscillate seamlessly regardless of what my ops are doing or what is going on in my sequencer or piano roll.

As is, it seems to be retriggering at the end of the pattern, meaning if I just play the pattern in a loop, the LFO doesn't seamlessly continue, it just plays as long as the pattern is, then restarts from the beginning of the pattern.

I'm just trying to do a very basic continuous cutoff sweep at low freq. I don't get why the LFO would just automatically restart each time. I have one dot at the beginning of the window and a smooth sine-like wave that I want to continue oscillating without any retriggering. Can I only do this with an automation clip?

Alphagem-O
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:09 pm

x

Re: LFO retriggering when I don't want it to

I think the issue lies in the looping, which AF...

darintrax
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:01 pm

x

Alphagem-O wrote: I think the issue lies in the...

darintrax
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:06 pm

x

Wow okay... so it IS doing what I want, but for...

nucleon
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:11 pm

x

The LFO uses song time. In pattern mode song ti...

Return to “Sytrus - Presets & Programming”