Direct Wave limitations :(

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
beezyonthebeat
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:25 pm

x

Direct Wave limitations :(

I have a set for xylophone samples from C4 to C8 and noticed a bunch of issues with the flow of using Direct Wave:

1. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to select all samples in a program. Currently, you can only do this by holding Ctrl and clicking each sample. This is a very tedious process especially when you have a large pack of samples for an instrument.
2. There is no way to use the "find pitch root" while having multiple samples selected. This doesn't seem to be something that is hard to implement, since the hard part (finding the pitch root) works already, it's just a matter of adding an option to loop through all samples in a program to set the pitch root (yes it will take some time and resources, but it should be an option).
3. Auto mapping zones doesn't have an option to map zone explicitly to the sample's root key. So the issue users come across when loading multiple samples (for example, each sample is an individual note of an instrument at different pitches) is that they'll have to painstakingly manually edit the zone for each note to have the zones of each sample cover one key. By default, when loading multiple samples, each sample's zone is covering the entire keyboard so they overlap; any key you press would play all samples at once.

Are there any ongoing efforts to add these features in Direct wave?
What are the workarounds for these limitations as of now?

I'm aware that there is the option to extract root key from file name, but that doesn't seem to work either. My samples' filenames all end with _[note]; xylophone_C4.wav (I had to write a script to rename all the files since it was originally named in this format: "C (4).wav"). Anyone seeing issues with this feature?
Note: Even if this feature works, not all samples are named in a format that would be picked up by this feature. Which is why having the ability to select multiple samples to find their pitch root would be very much appreciated by many users.

Please correct me if I'm wrong of these limitations. I just want to be able to load my ~48 audio samples of Xylophone and have it map to the keys having their own zones to their individual key. The only way of doing this from what I see is manual which would take hours to achieve.

NTO
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:44 pm

x

Re: Direct Wave limitations :(

"...option to extract root key from file name, ...

ElijahFlowers
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:22 pm

x

beezyonthebeat wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:25 pm...

ElectropunkZero
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:15 pm

x

For multiple selections, I click and drag, and ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MegaSix
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:15 pm

x

beezyonthebeat wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:25 pm...

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”