Don't Restart Sample

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jonathanese
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:29 am

x

Don't Restart Sample

I use directwave like crazy and generally use VSTs through directwave rather than through the DAW itself.

Anyway, for orchestral stuff, I notice that if I were to hit a note at one velocity, then hit it again at another velocity, it instantly restarts the sample.
Say my decay is set to 1s. If I were to do an A5@127 followed 250ms later by A5@32, it won't let the previous instance decay normally, it will just abruptly cut it off and play the quieter sample.
This is particularly noticeable on instruments like piano, or if I do repeated brass hits.

An issue that I think is also related is that the release doesn't seem attached to "that" instance of a note, but all instances of that note. So if I was to start a 5-beat note, and then hit that note again 4 beats later, then end of the 5-beat note will also cut out the new note. This happens only on certain occasions, in which case I usually just use another channel. But I'm starting to move to using multi-timbral instruments so those channels are starting to mean something.

FidelityMusic
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:22 pm

x

Re: Don't Restart Sample

Hello Jonathanese, There will be changes to ad...

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”