Simple loading of samples without pitch manipulation?

Discuss & Share DirectWave content here

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
lancelance5_x
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:19 pm

x

Simple loading of samples without pitch manipulation?

I have a soundbank of random synth one-shots that have their pitch information written in the name of the sample. Every time I load the folder into direct-wave, it changes the pitch of each sample in really obscure ways. I can't change them manually either because whenever I do, it screws with the pitch information of all the samples I previously corrected. I notice on the right-hand side of the plugin, there is an options window. In that window, I see several pitch related options under the "sample" section. I tried to deselect them all to see if that would do the trick, but they would revert back on whenever I drag in a new sample into a zone or load a completely new soundbank into the folder. Kind of defeats the purpose, eh?
Aside from that, I just want to find a solution, whether via direct wave, or any other plugin, where I can drag in a huge number of samples, map them to different keys on the piano roll, and have those samples play, without being time-stretched, pitch-corrected, or anything. Maybe an envelope to control release would be nice, but just super basic stuff. Nothing fancy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Return to “Direct Wave - Presets & Programming”