XOR, Jean-Michel Jarre and ZGameEditor Visualiser - A tale

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
XOR
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:34 am

x

XOR, Jean-Michel Jarre and ZGameEditor Visualiser - A tale

Hilos!

This might be a wall - sorry!

When I recently realised that we were on version 2 of the Vis, it got me thinking about how I could use it to bring music to life, so I decided to have a crack at it with my fully "fruity only plugin" version of JMJ's Magnetic fields II, Concerts in China version.

Issue 1 - How to get midi info from the piano roll towards Zgame Vis?

Well, after a bit of wrangling I set on using the patcher and placing my original synth(s) inside along with a midi out, which works but with some caveats.

3OSC can't be used in the patcher - an internal thing I guess?

I've found repeatable issues with note velocity not working the same way in the patcher as outside, in the patcher, below 70%-ish the sound starts getting quieter than just the plain synth outside the patcher. Look at Morph patcher and Morph XOR surf in pattern "Highstuff-1 #2". I've had to up the velocity in the patcher version to get the same sound level as the non patch version.

I'm guessing that using layers could also give the same result as the patcher?

Issue 2 - FX channels that are routed to a submix are not selectable as audio sources for the vis

Not sure why this is? The easy workaround is to slap a peak controller on the channel you want to use.

Issue 3 - The default "image" plugin has a ridiculously small range on the x and y placement.

Is it just me? or the resolution I am using? I don't know.

Anyhow, I fixed it by altering the code to allow images to be placed anywhere on screen (see image_XOR.zgeproj)

Issue 4 - StevenM, love your little casio 3d synth, however I wasn't happy with just keys turning red when pressed.

So I recoded it a little bit. It now has an extra slider so you can change the hue of the colour of key presses (See Casio SK-5a.zgeproj)

Issue 5 - Assets (user images, video , meshes) used by the vis don't seem to be exported in any way

I can't tell if they are stored in the flp or not? I don't think so.

It would be nice if someone can tell me if they get this working on their comp.

image FX will need to go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12\Plugins\Fruity\Effects\ZGameEditor Visualizer\Effects\Image effects

Casio FX will need to go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12\Plugins\Fruity\Effects\ZGameEditor Visualizer\Effects\Midi

In not sure whether you would have to re-import the assets manually into the Vis or not, I don't have a method of testing.

This is what it should look like.
vis.jpg
Cheers, let me know what you think!

XOR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jmc
Site Admin
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:48 pm

x

Re: XOR, Jean-Michel Jarre and ZGameEditor Visualiser - A tale

Nice job. Can you upload a version to YouTube ?

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”