Using Ghost Kick Side Chain As Layer Audio Source

contains the latest version of our visualizer plugin (replacing Chrome)

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TarikAdi
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:15 am

x

Using Ghost Kick Side Chain As Layer Audio Source

Hi, I'm making a video for an audio file, but for better control I want to add kick drum and hi hat tracks to use as the audio source for some layers. The problem I'm having is that on top of the original track, the kick and hi hats are too loud. If I put their volumes down or off, the layers don't react to them anymore, which makes sense since they are no longer emitting any audio.

I know how to side chain a ghost kick track using the Peak Controller, but I can only seem to assign it to the parameter knobs/sliders on the layer settings, not for the audio source itself.

If this can't be done, how else could I add ghost tracks for the layers to react to, but they aren't actually audible in the output.

The work around right now is to create the video in FL Studio with the kick and hats too loud for the mix, import the video into video editing software, mute the video's audio track, import the original audio track (used in FL Studio, without the extra kick and hi hat tracks) to use, and then export the whole thing again to a new video. I REALLY want to avoid doing all of these steps for obvious reasons.

Thanks!

Return to “ZGameEditor Visualizer forum”