Native Instruments Kontakt migration help!

Post everything that's off-topic for the other boards here.

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
beyondsonic
Mon May 11, 2020 8:33 pm

x

Native Instruments Kontakt migration help!

Migrating to new PC - took the hard drive out of my 10 year old win7 machine and installed it as a secondary drive in my new win10 machine.

As a rule, my studio computers are offline; never had a virus, and NEVER had window's automatic updates ruin my day. To complicate things, my current living situation means I have no physical access to a router anyway - and my laptop BARELY gets wifi.

FL is rocking on the new machine, all my sample libraries transferred no problem (they're on the external drive). However, I am having frustrations getting Kontakt to activate.

I have Kontakt 5 I originally installed from the discs. I have no idea how to migrate it from one hard drive to the other. I copied the Native Instruments folders from the Program Files and Program Files (x86) to the new C drive respectively, and made sure to copy the .dll files into the new VST folder. Everythjng seems to run just fine when I load up FL. However...

When I start it up (whether in FL or standalone), it says "demo mode", and tells me to activate it. So I hit the "activate" button and am transferred to Service Center. Now, normally you'd just type the code into the instruments I want to activate right there in service center, but it doesn't list ANYTHING. It doesn't know that Kontakt is on my machine.

I tried searching the NI help pages and forums, and best I've learned is that they no longer support Service Center, and now require Native Access, and DEMAND a machine be online to activate. I'm infuriated by NI's decision, but surely there's a way to get my OLDER version of Kontakt working? Some solution that doesn't require me to wait a week or two for an external disc drive to ship in TRY reinstalling it offline, or require me to lug my brand new $2000 computer into my truck and drive somewhere there's a router to plug into to get internet access for a few minutes? I've got $800 worth of software unusable and projects needing to be made... Help!

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”