manic - random sample player

Post everything that's off-topic for the other boards here.

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
de la Mancha
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:38 pm

0 x

manic - random sample player

this is manic. you choose which samples, but manic chooses when to play them

download free here (12.5MB or 1.1MB without samples) >>> http://www.delamancha.co.uk/manic.htm

download audio demo (1.9 MB) here >>> http://www.delamancha.co.uk/plugins/manic_demo.mp3

All patterns you hear are straight presets, no other effects or processing, only one preset is playing at a time. All sequences are generated entirely randomly, no programming is done here (or indeed possible)

the excellent additional samples kindly supplied by sinkmusic, WhiskeyPriest and audiofudge
I think it's worth the download for the samples alone, especially if you like electronic drums, glitchy noises and ring mods

--------------------------------------------------------------

manic is an 8 slot random sample player where you decide the samples, but manic decides when to play them. Samples are triggered according to their probability, on a tempo sync pattern. Also allows for randomising of volume, pitch, pan, delay, reverse and swing. You decide how much, but not when. You can loop the sequence, change sequence seed with midi keys and quantise the pitch randomising for a more melodic sequence. Works well for random glitchy percussion, instant melodic sequences of multisamples or total chaos

- 8 sample slots, supports 16 & 24 bit mono & stereo wavs
- each sample played randomly according to it's probability
- tempo sync hit rate (hits/beat)
- seeded randomising for repeatable sequences
- midi playable seeding, change sequence with a midi key press
- random sequences can be looped for repeatability
- randomised swing
- per sample volume, pan & pitch
- per sample randomising of volume, pan, pitch and reverse
- per sample pitch quantising to semitone/cent
- per sample routing to randomised delay
- play / stop / resync controls
- midi CC and midi learn
- 246 samples and 25 presets covering acoustic & electronic drums, glitch and 8 bit noises, synth bass and keys

--------------------------------------------------------------

Please consider making a donation towards the hosting costs if you do download and like this plugin, as 12MB is not much to download, but hits my bandwidth hard when several thousand people download it every month

MOONDOG
Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:11 am

0 x

Hi. I will download it and give it a try, and p...

de la Mancha
Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:36 am

0 x

it's a great idea, and someone else on KVR alre...

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”