AKAI FIRE FULL documentation anywhere with ALL features ?

MIDI Controllers FL Studio officially supports

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
botanicalsector
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:01 pm

x

AKAI FIRE FULL documentation anywhere with ALL features ?

I really like the AKAI Fire BUT..complete documentation seems sadly lacking from both Akai and Image Line, there are absolutely tons of "hidden" (ie undocumented) features under the hood (which is a great thing, of course !). But I have had to go through hours worth of youtube video tutorials to find many of them. They certainly arn't in the boxed manual for the Fire or are ALL features listed on the additional forum cheat sheet (very helpful though it is). Is there any ONE manual with absolutely every single function in I can easily refer to ? I enjoy the easter egg hunt if I have time but it would really help with workflow to have say a PDF manual with EVERY function of the Fire all in one place to print out and refer to.

For example, today, I finally discovered in drum mode, if you press the select controller in then turn it you can then scroll through 4 options, one takes FPC to the left, one takes FPC to the middle, one goes to Slicex (had no idea about that one till I saw an In The Mix video, that guy is great btw). Then another function "Omni Channel". What does that do ? What I was actually looking to see was if it possible to control two instances of FPC in drum mode, there are the 32 lit up buttons for the two FPC banks, but the other 32 are greyed out, is it possible to somehow use the other 32 to control another instance of FPC or use the greyed out ones as a keyboard in this mode ? Sorry if I've missed something but I've definitely been looking !

FL Studio is obviously completely amazing, and the AKAI Fire is a really fun and useful controller, but the documentation is really quite unclear, especially out of the box, if there is a manual with EVERYTHING in, I would really appreciate a link to it so I can read it !

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”