AKAI Fire MKII

MIDI Controllers FL Studio officially supports

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DevAndArtist
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:47 pm

x

AKAI Fire MKII

Hi everyone. I have a simple question. Do you think there will be a MKII of the AKAI Fire soon-ish? It's almost two years since the first version was launched and it looks like a great product. Right now I'm considering starting diving back into FL and I kinda want a midi controller like the Fire. However I'm hesitating as there might be a MKII version in the works, but I'm not sure as I have no evidence to strengthen my feeling.

What do you think? I'd love an official statement form the FL team if there is a MKII on the horizon, not necessarily when, but the if would be enough. Although I'd appreciate more precise information if you're allowed to share it with us. 8)

acidrecords
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:55 pm

x

Re: AKAI Fire MKII

1) i dont think so.
2) for the actual fire controller there are many things to do... (more functions development, full scripting support, configuration editor) this should be fixed first. then learn from the mk1 version to maybe develop mk2 version.

Nātân El
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:31 pm

x

acidrecords wrote:
1) i dont think so.
2) for the actual fire controller there are many things to do... (more functions development, full scripting support, configuration editor) this should be fixed first. then learn from the mk1 version to maybe develop mk2 version.
These things and velocity sensitive pads are all we really need...
They would be on par with the Abelton Push 2 if they added that.

CyberOverkill
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:30 am

x

NathanaelThomas wrote:
acidrecords wrote:
1) i dont think so.
The FIRE DOES have velocity sensitivity but you need a script to enable it.

CyberOverkill
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:33 am

x

Go right ahead an buy one Dev, its still very new and the Mk2 is gonna have to have a LOT of great features to top the mk1, so I'm sure it'll take a few years.

Nātân El
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:49 pm

x

CyberOverkill wrote:
NathanaelThomas wrote:
acidrecords wrote:
1) i dont think so.
Can you please provide the link to the script that would enable this.

CyberOverkill
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:18 am

x

NathanaelThomas wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:49 pm
CyberOverkill wrote:
NathanaelThomas wrote:
acidrecords wrote:
1) i dont think so.
Can you please provide the link to the script that would enable this.
At least thats what I recall seeing somewhere here on the forum once, and I don't think I ever tested it myself so it may not be true but IDK. I could be mistaking it for how you can edit velocity, but I recall someone saying they were upset that the device could do this but wasn't natively supported.

MikeOckk
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:46 am

x

https://blog.segger.com/decoding-the-akai-fire-part-1/

This guy went into pretty extreme detail on how the FIRE works. He basically reverse engineered the thing. I just know next to nothing about coding so I can't really do much with this info other than pass it on to others who maybe can do something with it.

CBaum83
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:16 am

x

MikeOckk wrote:

This guy went into pretty extreme detail on how the FIRE works. He basically reverse engineered the thing. I just know next to nothing about coding so I can't really do much with this info other than pass it on to others who maybe can do something with it.
NFX 😃

MikeOckk
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:19 pm

x

CBaum83 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:16 am
MikeOckk wrote:

NFX 😃
Not gonna lie, that was the first name that came to mind when i found that.

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”