AKAI FIRE NOT WORKING on fl 20

MIDI Controllers FL Studio officially supports

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kevinfd916
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:36 am

x

AKAI FIRE NOT WORKING on fl 20

I bought the akai fire for fl studio and I have it plugged directly into my laptop with the power supply plugged in. The drivers auto installed into windows 10. Under MIDI settings output lists microsoft midi mapper and microsoft gs wavetable synth. Nothing is listed under input. I have tried refreshing device list, checked enable, selected akai fire as controller and the buttons on the controller are all lit but nothing is happening. Opened and closed fl studio several times and nothing. Disconnected and reconnected the controller, also nothing. Please Help!

kevinfd916
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:39 pm

x

Re: AKAI FIRE NOT WORKING on fl 20

also running fl studio 20.7.3 all plug in edition

Deepsnow
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:46 pm

x

Did you try resetting? This worked for me. (also running 20.7.3)

Fire is very well integrated out of the box but I managed to mess mine up briefly by fooling around with basic midi settings. I hope this helps you.

Please keep in mind this will remove any custom MIDI, Audio, General or File settings you have setup, and return FL Studio to the default installation configuration.

https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-learning/fl-studio-online-manual/html/app_reset.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kevinfd916
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:58 pm

x

Thanks for the reply I tried this and nothing.

Deepsnow
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:54 pm

x

Here are my MIDI settings, which were automatic. I have not adjusted them in any way. If there is any obvious difference between these settings and yours it may help to try them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kevinfd916
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:13 am

x

The difference is that the FIRE is showing up and being detected in device manager of windows but not in the midi settings in fl studio.

Deepsnow
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:00 pm

x

Maybe this video (from 1:00) can help. If your FIRE doesn't appear in the MIDI settings in FL Studio then I don't know what else to suggest, perhaps contact AKAI and FL technical support directly. My FIRE worked straight out the box and only messed up when I modified the default settings.

Good luck, I hope you get it working. (When it works) FIRE is great.

https://www.akaipro.com/support

P.S. When you find a solution it would be great to post it at the end of this thread to help anyone else who has the same problem.

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”