Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
music_mix
Wed May 12, 2021 10:59 pm

x

LaunchKey MK3 49 Midi Program Change Issue

Hi,
Let me try to explain, what I am trying to achieve here:
I have the Launchkey MK3 49 which I am trying to setup as kind of a live playing instrument connected to FL Studio.
The buttons below the faders I have set it to emit a Program Change Midi signal which is moving the active channel on the channel rack.
This is working fine and I am able to switch different instruments in the channel rack without touching the DAW.

The 2nd thing I am trying to do is to lock one channel for chords. As you may be knowing the Launckey MK3 comes with a Scale chords function, which I am trying to use.
It is a handy tool to just set a scale and play chords based on that using the Pads. The Pads and the Keybeds can be configured to separate channels.
Like by default it is channel 1 for the Keys and Channel 2 for the chords.

In FL Channel rack if I use the "Receive Notes from" and select Launchkey and then select Channel 2 to lock that, it works fine. i.e. irrespective of whichever channel is Active in the Channel rack, if I touch the Pads on LK MK3 it plays the channel which it is locked on. This is pretty handy too. But the other part now is that I am unable to trigger any of the Program Changes using the Fader buttons.
I am losing that functionality. If I manually change the Active Channel on Channel rack by clicking. Then I can see that the Keys play the Active Channel instrument and the Pads play the locked channel instrument. But I wanted to achieve this without touching the DAW.
With that I would have the ability to lock in my chords to one instrument channel and still be able to switch between instruments using the fader buttons, in live play.

Can anyone guide me as to where I could be going wrong? I am not getting why locking the Instrument Channel on Channel 2 is invalidating other Program Changes coming in from the Fader buttons (which is on different channel). I am getting the Midi Unhandled message in the Debug window.

Is this a problem with the controller of FL Studio not being able to handle? I can see that using MidiOX or Midi View, the corresponding midi messages are going correct.

Any help is appreciated.

NTO
Thu May 13, 2021 4:15 pm

x

Re: LaunchKey MK3 49 Midi Program Change Issue

Interesting to me. What I've seen so far... Fi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NTO
Fri May 14, 2021 3:50 am

x

Just to be sure you noted the pizmidi vsti... I...

music_mix
Sun May 16, 2021 3:20 am

x

I finally got it working using MIDI scripting. ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”