Novation Impulse Setup with Kontakt

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
franky000
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:53 pm

x

Novation Impulse Setup with Kontakt

Hey guys. The process for triggering instruments in kontakt is simple in the standalone version. Just switch to Port A, load up the instruments on seperate midi channels, and toggle between those on the keyboard.

When attempting this in FL though it's another story. I've set the port to 1 on the midi tab. Kontakt is also on this port. The four instruments I currently have loaded in kontakt are on midi channels 1-4 respectively.

However, I set to midi channel 1 on the keyabord, the first two instruments play simultaneously. Switching to channel 2 on the KB plays the corresponding layer by itself as intended, but switching to midi channel 3 on the KB plays both layers 2 and 3 in kontakt? There doesn't seem to be any logical explanation for this.

It used to be that i could select an instrument in Kontakt by highlighting it, and that instrument only would play when triggered from my KB.

How do I do this, as well as switch between each channel individually from the keyboard without a bunch of instruments playing at once?

EDIT Ok I'm using the midi out plugin to point to each channel - selecting these individually and having to set the corresponding channel on the keyboard each time is a little convoluted. How do i do it the way i mentioned before - that is, being able to play each instrument individually just by highlighting in kontakt?

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”