Setting up Launchkey MK3 template with FL Studio for free (No FPC)

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Darkstring
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:02 pm

x

Setting up Launchkey MK3 template with FL Studio for free (No FPC)

Hi! After purchasing my Launchkey MK3, I wanted to setup the keyboard to control FL studio pads and such. Searching online, I stumbled across this guy selling templates for Novation Components for $9 a pop, and thought that was a bit much for a few settings in a template program. Long story short, I made my own templates (easy when you read the manual..) and now share with others how to do it.

Basically, you setup Novation components like this:
Send notes to the Omni Preview midi channel, where C - octave 2 corresponds to first pad, D - octave 2 the second pad, and so on. This triggers the pads without selecting them.
To select channels for playing keys, simply send "program change" midi commands to FL, and FL will switch to the appropriate channel (0 will switch to first channel, 1 to second, etc.)

This video goes over the procedure in a leisurely pace.

EDIT:
Someone levied a bogus copyright strike against my video. I have uploaded it again on BitChute for now:
Last edited by Darkstring on Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Drewster
Fri May 06, 2022 11:31 am

x

Re: Setting up Launchkey MK3 template with FL Studio for free (No FPC)

John // Novation wrote: Not sure if you guys ha...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

savior
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:10 am

x

Hello, I recently purchased the MK3 49 and was...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DjLoony
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:55 pm

x

Thanks for the help Savior! Did you get to hav...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”