How to change Modwheel channel when using "MIDI channel through"?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kaedalus
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:06 am

x

How to change Modwheel channel when using "MIDI channel through"?

Hi! I've recently bought an Arturia Keylab 88 Mkii, and am now using the scripts available here in the forums to control FL with it (simply amazing!).

I use Kontakt a lot, and since the Keylab can change MIDI channels on the fly, I've been using Kontakt with the "MIDI channel through" option enabled. It works perfectly with the keyboard, I can control all the instruments inside the instance by changing to their respective MIDI channels. However, that's only for the keyboard - the faders only seem to work with Channel 1, and if I change the channel, FL shows the green "not handled" notification when using them (even though it reads as modwheel, etc. in Debug). I can confirm the faders are properly configured in the controller to use the selected MIDI channel.

Is there a way to make the CC work with these channel changes? I've been working with the hassle of setting up MIDI Outs for each and every plugin and setup imaginable to be able to control multiple MIDI channels for a while now, and it's a pain - easy to get confused and takes valuable time from the actual work.

Thanks a lot! :)

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”