M-Audio Oxygen Pro 61 | Track 1 Always Armed to Record

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
JawnTheZoz
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:25 pm

x

M-Audio Oxygen Pro 61 | Track 1 Always Armed to Record

As the subject suggests. Track 1 in the mixer is always armed to record when I follow recommended setup instructions for the M-Audio Oxygen Pro 61. However when I disable the MIDI out in my MIDI settings, I am able to disarm the track.

I browsed the forums here for a bit and saw that some people managed to find work arounds, but I could not find enough helpful details on those specific workarounds. I saw one user mention a "dummy track" work around?

I'd personally like to keep the option of using my MIDI out functionality just in case. I am able to use the controller perfectly fine otherwise in both Preset and DAW mode. However I think it's understandable that I don't want to be recording an extra track that i don't intend to use in the project thanks to a "bug" or some wonky MIDI mapping/functionality.

I apologize in advance if I didn't look hard enough or if I'm being a bit nit-picky. I would just like to be closer to understanding how the M-Audio Oxygen Pro functions and know that I'm not depriving myself of any functionalities that I could be leveraging just to get it to work properly.

Also, as a side, if there are any good guides out there where I can learn about MIDI mapping so I can possibly make my own presets for the controller, a link to some resources would be cool!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”