Edirol MIDI controller help... anyone???

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
synaptic flow
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:08 pm

x

Edirol MIDI controller help... anyone???

So I just bought an Edirol PCR-300 and feel like the world's biggest fool for doing so.

This keyboard will not install on my Windows 7/64 bit computer no matter what I do. I found WIn 7/64 bit drivers on the Roland/Edirol website and thought "Well it obviously works with Windows 7."

But hell no! All it does is "failed to install/please uninstall /please restart" It does this every single time.
I tried to install it about fifteen times this way. I also tried to install it from the device manager/driver update and pointing it to the driver folder. That method would give the error "drivers found but access denied"

I turned off Windows 7 user control off. I even tried a registry edit and turned off the service that looks for digitally signed drivers and still I couldn't install the PCR-300.

After I would say thirty something attempts, my computer got corrupted and wouldn't show anything but a black screen. It took me a day to get the computer working right again. I ran CCleaner to look for any registry errors between all of these install attempts, so I was surprised that the computer got messed up.

There is literally nothing else I can think of to try.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks for reading.

oryx
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am

x

Re: Edirol MIDI controller help... anyone???

Mine always worked ok on Win 7, now works ok on...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”