FL reads my keys as still being played but they're not...

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DamienSmidt
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:41 am

x

FL reads my keys as still being played but they're not...

Have been trying to work through this one. But you can't really get the creative juices flowing if after every 6 chords or so you need to turn around to unplug your usb just so it resets everything... Let me explain.

To get you up to date: I got FL Studio, a cheap keyboard and a problem.
When i plug in my keyboard and launch for example FL Keys, i can play just fine for a couple of minutes (3 tops) but then it stops. Well, not quite. I lose control of my keyboard and FL Keys is registering it as the last notes still being hold(until they naturally fade out). This requires me to unplug my keyboard for a bit and plug it back in, only to continue playing for just a few moments more (1 min. tops). This keeps getting less and less until I am so frustrated that i don't feel like playing anymore (not much fun if you keep getting interrupted). So i close FL and usually come back the next day to the same problem.
I have tried googling it but can't seem to find what I am looking for. I have considered buying a better (perhaps more suitable) keyboard, but don't feel like spending that kind of money unless i know for sure that that will fix my problems.
Also, it's not just with FL Keys, it is with every plugin (or at least all that I have used, which leads me to believe doing further research into the plugins won't get the results i am hoping for)
I really want to start creating whilst being uninterrupted, so if anyone can help me out that would be awesome!

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”